Saturday, February 11, 2012

I - I - I - I work out!

33:00 minutes in to hear that joke!
My dear, dear boyfriend is crazy about health and exercise. He got me into integrating weights into my workouts to create better results. I thought it was ridiculous at first because when I think of women lifting weights, I think of those freaky bodybuilder chicks who are like Madonna, a weird bucket of mussels.

But then I realized for the real women of the world, it can get you closer to the bodacious bods of J. Lo, Anna Kournikova, and Gisele.

My man graciously put together some beginner weight routines for me to use 3 days a week with light warm-ups beforehand. I love cardio so I'd do 30-90 minutes of cardio on opposite days.

I've decided to share these workouts with you all. Click on the days of the week to jump to the relating posts. (Working on Friday, use Monday/Wednesday to get started)

MONDAY: Backs & Biceps
WEDNESDAY: Triceps & Chest
FRIDAY: Legs, Abs & Shoulders

If you're feeling ambitious, try these for two weeks to get the hang of it. You will seriously be amazed with the results. For every work out, start with a low weight but something that will still make you work for the sweat. You'll do 3 sets, decreasing the reps and increasing the weight for every set. For example:
SETS  REPS  WT
1          10        60
2          8          65
3          6          70
This was me at one point...I SWEAR!!
Feel free to adjust the weight from these work outs to your needs and ability. Every week, increase your starting weight by 5 lbs. You'll be curling 45 pounders in no time!!

Monday is back/biceps day with lat pulldown, back row and dumbbell curls. Wednesday is triceps/chest day with rope pulldown, machine triceps, dumbbell bench press and machine flye. Friday is leg/abs/shoulders day with leg press, lunges, cable kickback, hip abductors, dumbbell lat raises, dumbbell military and ab crunch.

Good luck with everything and let me know how it goes! I can't wait to hear from you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment